Samsung announced last week during CTIA conference, a new Android based mobile device. The birth name is I9000 Galaxy S and who knows, maybe it comes from other universe ?! Will see that later..
The phone will have a 4-inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display(long description, but this is it) with 480 x 800 pixel resolution and 16M colors. Multi-touch is supported.
A 5 megapixel camera device equipped with autofocus host the back part of the phone. Photos are taken with a maximum resolution of 2592 x 1944 pixels(Self shot, Action shot, Add me, Stop motion, Cartoon shot, Smile shot, Panorama shot)while HD videos are shoot in 720p(@30fps). Behind the back cover is a Li-Ion 1500 mAh battery.
Now let’s see some inside features: 1Ghz processor and Android v2.1 as operating system will do it. Internal memory has 8/16Gb, but microSD card is supported(up to 32Gb). Android Market is waiting you with more than 30.000 apps.
Other Key Features:
- Daily Briefing: Offers instant access to weather, news, stocks, and the scheduler.
- All Share: Enables inter-device connectivity via DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) technology.
- Home Cradle: Enables use as a digital photo frame, table clock, calendar, and music station.
- Write and go: Jot down an idea first and later decide on a format such as SMS/ MMS, email, calendar or memo.
- Swype: Provides fast and easy way to input text on screen while on-the-move.
- ThinkFree: Apps to view and edit Microsoft Office 2007 documents.
- Smart Alarm: Wakes up with a natural alarm sound and automatically turned-on display light.
Connectivity is on top with some of latest innovations: GPRS, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, Usb v2.0 and Gps with A-Gps support. Stereo FM radio with RDS is also included through the 3.5 mm headset.
We finish our work here and announce that Samsung I9000 Galaxy S will be out sometime this year(2010), but a price has not been yet revealed.